Over time, we all start to lose the plumpness and volume that naturally occurs in our face. As a result, you might notice that your cheeks have a more gaunt-like appearance or that wrinkles have become more prevalent than you are used to. But just because you are getting older does not mean that you need to look like it.
If you would like to restore your facial volume back to a more youthful appearance, this is what you need to know.
What Causes Volume Loss
To begin with, let’s take a look at the causes of lost facial volume.
- Loss of Collagen: We all naturally lose collagen throughout our bodies over time. This loss as well as the loss of fat in your face will dramatically affect the appearance of plumpness in your cheeks.
- Loss of Elasticity: Skin also naturally loses elasticity over time, which will also cause fine lines and wrinkles through your face.
- Loss of Bone: Bone loss is also a common cause of loss of facial volume in your face. This is primarily due to aging, but can also be caused by brittle bones or osteoporosis. As a result, you will lose structural support in your face, leaving you with a more drawn-in facial appearance.
What You Can Do
Thankfully, you do not need to simply live with your facial concerns. There are actually several things that you can try to restore your face to a more youthful state.
- Dermal Fillers: One of the quickest and most effective ways to regain your facial volume is through the use of dermal fillers. Fillers are placed under the skin in the area that you would like to have more volume. There are traditional fillers that are injected into the area where they are needed. These will reduce the appearance of wrinkles and help get rid of hollowed cheeks. There are also collagen stimulators which behave like the collagen that you have already lost. They fill up the space where collagen has been lost, creating more of a structure than traditional fillers do. Filler is usually placed in the mid-face and in the upper part of your cheek, depending on your individual features.
- Watch your Diet: You should also take into consideration what you are putting into your body. If you are smoking and taking in a large amount of non-nutritious food, your face will naturally not have the same youthful appearance as someone who is receiving proper diet and nutrition. This also means that you should be consuming the right amount of water, keeping your skin hydrated and elastic.
Where To Begin
If dermal fillers seem like the right choice for you, the first thing that you need to do is schedule a consultation appointment with a cosmetic surgeon. This doctor will be able to go over with you on what your appearance concerns are and not just whether dermal fillers are a good choice, but which dermal filler you should really consider. You want your filler to produce the most natural-looking results that are possible, replacing precisely where the elasticity and volume has been lost.
There are several different dermal fillers that are on the market and each one has a different use. Your doctor will be able to go over your options and help you find the perfect choice for your needs in order to give you the results that you are after.
You don’t have to give into the loss of facial volume. Bring your confidence back and begin the process of restoring your facial volume as soon as possible.