Botox is one of the most popular non-surgical forms of cosmetic procedures that you can get. It is popular because it is both safe and effective.
A common question that we receive is how many Botox units a patient might need in order to get the desired treatment results. Unfortunately, there is not a universal answer to this question. The amount of Botox needed varies greatly from one person to another, depending on many factors.
There are several variables that can affect how many Botox units that you need.
They include the following:
- How large the muscle in question is
- How strong the muscle is
- The placement or position of the muscle
- Which part of the face is getting treatment
- Whether you are a man or woman since the muscles present differently
- What your Botox goals are
Because there are so many considerations when receiving your Botox treatment, you cannot get a reliable answer until you have been evaluated by your Vancouver Botox doctor and discussed what your goals are.
Even though the specific amount of Botox you need can vary from person to person, there are some generalizations that we can make to give you a rough idea of what the more average amount of units looks like. Remember that only the doctor can give you a reliable estimate of the units that you need.
- Glabella Region: The glabella region is the area of your forehead toward the middle, which commonly causes vertical lines that resemble the number 11. This area usually takes 20 to 35 units of Botox to successfully treat.
- Frontalis Muscle: The frontalis muscle affects the horizontal lines on your forehead. This area can take anywhere from 6 to 20 units of Botox.
- Crow’s Feet: Your crow’s feet are the small lines that appear in the corners of your eyes. This area can take from 6 to 15 units of Botox per side.
- Masseters: The masseters muscles are along your jaw. This area can take 15 to 50 units per side.
- Corners of the Mouth: The corners of the mouth usually don’t take as much from smile lines, from 3 to 6 units, but if they are lines caused by smoking, it likely will take more.
- Eyebrow: To help smooth out your eyebrow area, you are likely to need between 2 to 5 units of Botox on each side.
- Neck Bands: To help smooth out any neck bands that might be appearing, it can take between 25 to 50 units of Botox to successfully treat.
How to Begin
In order to begin your Botox journey, you will first need to give us a call and schedule for a Botox consultation. Together with the doctor, you will go over what your goals for Botox treatment are and examine the muscles that are causing your concerns. You will then receive a treatment plan and have a reliable idea of how many Botox units that you actually need in order to achieve your goals.