Who Is a Good Candidate For CoolSculpting?
Who Is a Good Candidate For CoolSculpting?
Let’s have a look at who would be a good candidate for Coolsculpting procedure
1. The ideal candidate for Coolsculpting would be someone who is generally in good shape, but has a few unwanted bulges in rather obtrusive places, and folks, we are talking here about love handles, man boobs and tummy bulges.
2. A good candidate for Coolsculpting treatment, would be someone who had an absolute horror of invasive surgery, like a tummy tuck.
3. The ideal candidate would also not be obese. Obese people would have to consider an extremely invasive procedure, like a gastric bypass, to achieve weight loss. Our ideal candidate would be within three to ten kilograms of their ideal weight.
4. They would also, ideally, be go-getters, who would be very time conscious, and who wouldn’t want to have a procedure with too much downtime.
5. The procedure accomplishes subtle, natural looking results and not drastic alteration, so the procedure would be ideal for someone who is not contemplating surgery, and who is also averse to using drugs.
6. Liposuction just doesn’t “feel” right for our ideal candidate.
This treatment is ideal for someone who has a healthy lifestyle, but nevertheless has pockets of stubborn fat that just won’t go away with diet and exercise. Get rid of the fat cells for good by maintaining your healthy lifestyle after Coolsculpting.
Who is not a good candidate for Coolsculpting
- If you are expecting the pitter-patter of tiny feet, you definitely will not be a good candidate for Coolsculpting.
- If you have an implanted medical device like a pacemaker, you would also not be a good candidate.
- Hepatitis C and Reynaud’s Disease would also rule you out as a good candidate for Coolsculpting.
- If you have had surgery recently in the area that you would like treated, or, if you suffer from cold sensitivities, it would be better not contemplating this procedure.
As you can see, Coolsculpting is not for everyone. It would depend very much on what kind of physical condition you are in, and exactly what kind of result you are trying to achieve. It is not a shortcut to rapid and drastic weight loss, and cannot be performed on obese people. It’s also not for the ladies who are preparing for an addition to the family. It is, however, for someone who requires a non obtrusive, more natural looking change. It is a relatively quick procedure with little or no recovery time needed, which suits people with an active, on the go lifestyle.
If you’d like to find out whether Coolsculpting can solve your aesthetics issue, why not make an appointment at Yaletown Laser Centre!
BEFORE & AFTER PHOTO
Consultations Available Now
Take the first step. Get your questions answered and find out which treatment option is best for your personal situation by meeting with one of our knowledgeable medical staff at Yaletown Laser Centre for an in-person consultation.
Simply fill out the form on this page, and one of our experienced team members will reach out to you promptly to schedule your consultation.
3. The procedure is surprisingly convenient.
The average laser skin resurfacing treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes to perform, making it the perfect lunchtime procedure for even the busiest of clients.
Most people need 3 to 5 laser resurfacing treatments to see their ideal results. These are typically spaced a couple months apart to allow for maximum healing time.
4. Results can last for a long time.
Laser skin resurfacing is exciting in that the results from your treatment can last for a long time – years, in fact!
That’s because laser skin resurfacing helps to improve cellular turnover and treat current complexion issues. Once those skin issues are treated, they’re gone – for good. And with a proper skincare regimen (including plenty of sunscreen) your results can be permanent.
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Skin Resurfacing
You’re a good candidate for fractional laser resurfacing treatments if you feel frustrated by the appearance of complexion issues like:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Hyperpigmentation (including sun damage and age spots)
- Melasma and rosacea
- Acne scarring
- Moderate loss of skin laxity
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- And more
People with medium to light skin tones tend to see the best results from fractional laser skin resurfacing treatments.