Do you find yourself dreaming of perfect, flawless skin? Do you want to hold onto your youthful appearance for longer? Do you want to hold off the advancement of wrinkles and lines for as long as possible? If yes, you are not the only one! Millions of people across North America are concerned about keeping their skin looking young and healthy for a long time to come, however, not everyone knows how to do it. The cosmetic industry is flooded with prospective patients every day looking to enhance their look and boost their confidence. Even with the best skin care routine, your skin begins to age just like the rest of your body and skin care experts can help you reverse those signs of aging. Although Vancouver Laser Centre can drastically improve signs of aging, a proper skin care regimen will give you the best chance at defying age. With so many products and theories on how to beat the signs of aging, it can be difficult to wade through the information and find out what works and what doesn’t.
Here is a great list of 10 things that you can do in order to maintain healthy, beautiful skin.
Establishing a great skin care regimen starts with a good routine that you embed into your everyday life. A good routine should become second nature to you almost like eating or sleeping. The less you have to think about it and the more engrained it becomes, the better chance you have at successfully establishing a repeatable process. If you can work these 10 things into your every day skin care routine you are well on your way to defying the boundaries of age.
- Get Rest: If your skin looks tired, odds are it’s because you ARE tired. There is no better solution for a tired look than getting some sleep!
- Citrus intake: Lemons are a great addition to your diet. Keeping your organs healthy helps keep your skin healthy and lemons assist in liver and kidney health!
- Moisturizer application: Most people know to use moisturizer but many don’t know that how it’s applied can make a difference. Use gentle pressure and massage it into your skin.
- Sunscreen: Wearing sunscreen is one of the most important things you can do to keep your skin healthy. Sun damage is a major culprit of aging skin.
- Use a pore strip: Unblock your pores and free your skin from unhealthy oils.
- Chocolate consumption: This is one virtually anyone can actually enjoy! Dark chocolate is jammed with antioxidants that keep your skin healthy so eat up!
- Hydrate: Hydration begins from the inside out. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day for a more youthful look.
- At-home facial: If you can find the time, set aside a couple hours on the weekend or days off and pamper yourself with a moisturizing facemask. They’re not overly expensive and can be found in many drug stores or specialty skin care shops.
- Exfoliate: Dull complexion? No problem, chances are all it needs is a scrub-down! Your naturally glowing skin is just being hidden by the caked on dead skin cells.
- Try a face brush: Invest in a small face brush, they don’t break the bank and they’re actually quite effective!
Try incorporating those easy, everyday tips into your skin care routine and enjoy a rejuvenated, young look. If you still aren’t satisfied, visit your local skin care professional and find out what they can do for you.