Coolsculpting vs. Liposuction
Today’s generation is obsessed with the way they we look. This might have something to do with the age of social media, where our looks are on constant display or maybe it’s just the fact that we want to look like the celebrities we see on TV. Whatever the reason, we will do anything in our power to look the best we can at all times. For some, this means plastic surgery to fix certain perceived imperfections, and for others this might mean going to the gym every day of their lives. There certainly seems to be a consensus on what is generally perceived as beautiful and what is not. One of the components of being viewed as beautiful is being in shape and fit, or more generally, not overweight. Sometimes this can be a difficult task. Our lives can be busy and we may not have time to devote enough time to losing weight and this is when we turn to technology to help us. Two of the leading weight loss treatments available: Liposuction and Coolsculpting procedure will continue to provide an argument topic as to which one is better. If you have been debating which one is for you, here is a breakdown of both treatments that may help you make a decision.
What is Coolsculpting?
Coolsculpting is a non-invasive, clinically proven procedure to selectively reduce fat cells in problem areas using a patented cooling system. It revolves around the concept of cryolipolysis, which is based on the principle that fat cells are more vulnerable to cooling than surrounding tissues. The fat cells get frozen, die, and are eliminated naturally by the body to sculpt areas of the body that exercise and diet weren’t helping.
Benefits of Coolsculpting:
- Non-invasive procedure
- Requires zero downtime and zero medication
- Visible results
- Boosts self-esteem
- May encourage you to life a healthier life once you see the results
- Yaletown Laser Centre is a Premier Vancouver Coolsculpting Facility
Drawbacks of Coolsculpting:
- Results are not as drastic as Liposuction
- Requires you to maintain your weight through good diet and exercise following treatment
- To be an applicable candidate, you must be within a few pounds of your target weight
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction, otherwise known as lipoplasty, liposculpture suction lipectomy, or just lipo, is a cosmetic surgery that removes fat from various sites throughout the body. Liposuction can treat areas including the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, neck, back, arms and elsewhere.
Benefits of Liposuction:
- Relatively safe removal of fat
- Reduction of cellulite or improvement in the appearance of cellulite
- Improved health associated to fat loss
- Changes the way you look drastically
- Boosts self-esteem
- Sculpts areas of the body that exercise and diet weren’t impacting
Drawbacks of Liposuction:
- Invasive treatment requiring surgery
- Downtime required following surgery
- Possible infections and other health hazards such as blood clots
- High cost
Choosing between Coolsculpting and Liposuction
Choosing between Coolsculpting and Liposuction may come down to a few simple factors such as cost or fear of surgery. If you are looking for drastic results and loss of over 20 pounds, Liposuction is your best bet. However, if you want to make slight adjustments to your body that you just can’t seem to achieve through diet and exercise, Coolsculpting can help you get there fast and easily!