Benefits of Botox Injections
Have you wanted to look younger and feel better? Have you considered Botox® but are debating whether it’s something you really want or need? If you answered yes to either of those questions, you might find some answers here! The cosmetic industry is flooded with patients seeking to improve their looks. As we live in an age where our looks are scrutinized and so easily accessible, we feel the need to always look our best. Advances in technology and techniques have allowed us to improve the way we look easily, effortlessly, and painlessly. Your local Vancouver Botox specialist recommends Botox® as a great way to help you look younger and feel better!
Here are 11 reasons to try Botox®:
1. Migraine Relief: Contrary to popular belief, Botox® cures more than just crow feet and frown lines! A doctor from the FDA who approved Botox® reported that it can be used “to prevent headaches in adult patients with chronic migraines.” The treatment process consists of 31 injections in 7 different areas around the head, face, and neck every 3 months.
2. Correct Crosses-eyes: You may not believe this one either. Yes, Botox can in fact be used to help strabismus (crossed eyes), diplopa (blurred vision), and blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids). Botox® is able to assist in curing these conditions by allowing your eye muscles to relax so that they don’t work against each other.
3. Bladder Control: An overactive bladder is never fun. Using Botox® can increase your bladder’s volume, decreasing incontinence. Results can last up to several months!
4. Sweat Reduction: Botox® isn’t just for wrinkle reduction! It can help reduce the effects of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and can even yield these results for up to two years. Never let excessive sweat interfere with your social activities again!
5. Emotional Boost: Recent studies have suggested that Botox® can even make you happy! According to a study conducted by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, stopping your facial muscles from frowning can lift your mood.
6. Joint Pain Relief: Recent studies have shown that Botox® can help to relieve shoulder, knee, and hip pain. It works by blocking bodily signals that cause muscles to contract.
7. Better Sex: Sex should never have to be painful. Some women experience painful sex as a result of pelvic floor irregularities. Injecting Botox® can help relax the muscles of the pelvic floor and relieve pain!
8. Allergy Control: Botox® can help you fight your pesky allergies! Currently, a Botox® gel is being tested that could potentially alleviate allergy symptoms for up to three months
9. Scar Reduction: Yet another reason to get Botox®! It is so trusted to diminish scarring that some surgeons will even dispense the drug prior to surgery for skin cancer lesions to prevent the skin from pulling apart at the incision site.
10. Relax: Botox® can be used to relax muscles in the neck area, providing a smoother, younger look. This is ideal for women with bands around the neck area.
11. Jaw Pain Relief: If you suffer from TMJ, this could be for you! After injecting Botox® your jaw muscles are able to relax, relieving pain.